The Rotary Club of Langholm
Policy regarding retention of Personal Data as per the General Data Protection Regulations 2018
The General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act, 2018 came into effect on 25th May, 2018 and place responsibilities on Organisations with regard to ‘personal data’, meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified.
Rotary International Britain and Ireland (RIBI) have already taken steps to comply with data protection law, including personal data provided by Rotary members to RIBI and/or local Rotary Districts.
There remains a responsibility on individual clubs to manage personal data that they have received, and to have an appropriate policy.
Legislation and guidance is available from the Information Commissioner’s Officer via the following linkhttps://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
1. The Rotary Club of Langholm will comply with the above law and guidance.
2. All personal data will be held securely. Any held on paper will locked away. Any held digitally will be password protected.
3. Personal data will only be held by the following club officials
i. Club Treasurer – ALL FINANCE MATTERS
ii. Club Speaker Secretary – ALL SPEAKERS
iii. Club Secretary – ALL OTHER PERSONAL DATA
4. Personal data held as per 3 above will be made available to the relevant Club Committee Convenor or their representative if required by that person for Club business.
5. Personal data shared as per 4 above will be stored securely by that recipient, only used for the intended purpose and destroyed or returned to the relative club official as per 3 above as soon as that data is no longer required to be held.
6. Any disputes regarding data sharing will be reviewed by Club Council.
7. Personal data will only be held for Rotary Club business or other reason required by law.
8. All personal data will be destroyed/deleted when no longer required to be held.
9. The retention of personal data will be reviewed annually, and normally prior to the Club Handover meeting in June each year.
This policy will be adopted by the incoming Club President at the Club handover meeting.
Any amendments will be approved by Club Council prior to adoption.
Any amended policy will supersede all previous policy.